I am dedicated to guiding each patient through their mental health treatment process to help them achieve their goals. I approach care using evidence-based treatments combined with a holistic approach that takes into account each individual’s personal journey and unique genetics.
As a psychiatrist, I know that each individual is unique and that responses to medication vary. That’s why I make treatment recommendations that are tailored specifically to you and your genetics.
1) Answer a few questions and choose the best type of appointment for you. With QuickStart, you can see the doctor as soon as possible. PrecisionStart includes genetic testing as part of care, with your first meeting with your doctor occurring after your testing results are ready.
2) Schedule a judgment-free, full-length evaluation with one of our highly-trained psychiatrists with $0 down. The evaluation will be conducted via a secure, online video visit and lasts about 50 minutes.
3) Complete your intake form before your visit so your doctor has the information needed for your appointment.
4) During the first online visit, your provider will work with you to determine which treatment, if any, is appropriate.
5) If you are prescribed medication(s), you will have the option to have it delivered or to pick it up at your preferred pharmacy.
6) Typically, you will see your provider for short online visits once a month for the first few months to better tailor your treatment plan. Once your treatment plan is optimized, you may meet with your provider once every 3-4 months. Of course, you always have the choice of seeing your provider more often if necessary.
Prairie currently only accepts Medicare. Prairie does not accept any other health insurance at this time, including Medicaid. However, we can provide you with a ‘Superbill’ to submit to your insurer for out-of-network reimbursement.
You are solely responsible for payment. However, you may be able to use your insurance to cover your medication copay if you decide to opt out of medication delivery and use your own pharmacy.
Yes. We can accept HSA/FSA in one of the following ways:
(1) If you have a HSA/FSA account with a connected card, you may use your card as payment when booking an appointment.
(2) If you need to submit a receipt for HSA/FSA reimbursements, we'll make the process easy by providing you with an itemized receipt upon request.
All visits with your Prairie provider are done via a HIPAA-compliant, secure online video visit. When you join a call with a Prairie provider on your desktop, you do not need to install any additional software. However, when you join on mobile, you will need to install a mobile app to meet your provider over video. Please refer to our FAQ page for a more detailed instruction.
Your first visit, a 50-minute intake, costs $295, which will be charged after the appointment occurs. Follow-up appointments cost $160 and are 20 minutes. Prairie now also accepts Medicare as a form of insurance.
If you get your medication delivered with Prairie, all medications will be provided at a flat price of $15 per monthly quantity of a single medication, regardless of your insurance plan.
If you decide to pick up your medication at a local pharmacy, your medicaation co-pay will depend on your insurance plan and benefits. Without insurance, medication price can range between $40~$80 per month.
If you’re in emotional distress, text HOME to connect with a counselor immediately.
If you’re having a medical or mental health emergency, call 911 or go to your local ER.