Serving individuals in Fresno California, Prairie Health specializes in providing online psychiatry services to help adults struggling with depression or anxiety. We approach mental healthcare in a modern and sophisticated manner through the use of online appointments, genetics informed medication plans and ongoing support.
Or schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Highly skilled mental health experts and full HIPAA compliance
Our expert psychiatrists specialize in a variety of psychiatric problems, and collectively offer decades of experience treating adults with various conditions, including but not limited to the following:
While Prairie is working to expand our support to more patients, we are unable to prescribed controlled substances, which are often used for the treatment of the following :
Our doctors can prescribe non-controlled mental health medications, including SSRIs, NDRIs, SNRIs and alpha-agonists. In most cases, prescriptions involve one (or more) of the following medications:
SSRIs: Citalopram, Escitalopram, Fluoxetine, Fluvoxamine, Paroxetine, Sertraline.
SNRIs: Atomoxetine, Buspirone, Desvenlafaxine, Duloxetine, Venlafaxine.
TCAs: Amitryptyline, Desipramine, Nortryptyline.
Others: Bupropion, Trazodone, Topiramate, Propranolol.
Prairie Psychiatry involves the use of trained psychiatrists to identify areas of unresolved trauma to reach a diagnosis and accurate treatment plan.
Understanding how each individual's body responds to medicine is essential for prescribing fast-working and responsive treatment. Due to this, we take a saliva sample from interested clients to incorporate pharmacogenomics testing, free of charge.
We offer a personalized depression treatment plan to help you feel more like yourself again. With Prairie Health, you can:
Thousands of adults are silently dealing with anxiety in Fresno right now. We are here to help those in need access psychiatric care and medication with our custom anxiety treatment plan.
Rated 4.95/5 by members who have gone through Prairie's care program
The evidence for using genetic testing in mental healthcare is clear and growing. Learn more about why pharmacogenomics is used and the research behind it.
Spoiler alert: these genes all relate to how your body processes and responds to medication, rather than any genes related to family history or health conditions.
Wondering what the report actually looks like? In this post we show an example report and an overview of how your doctor interprets what's included.
1) Schedule a judgment-free, full-length evaluation with one of our highly-trained psychiatrist with $0 down. The evaluation will be conducted via a secure, online video visit and lasts about 50 minutes.
2) Complete your intake form before your visit so your doctor has the information needed for your appointment
3) Schedule a judgment-free, full length evaluation with one of our highly-trained psychiatrist. The evaluation will be conducted via a secure online video visit and runs about 50 minutes in length.
4) During the first online visit, your provider will work with you to determine which treatment, if any, is appropriate.
5) Typically, you will see your provider for short online visits once a month for the first few months to better tailor your treatment plan. Once your treatment plan is optimized, you may meet with your provider once every 3-4 months. Of course, you always have the choice of seeing your provider more often if necessary.
6) If a prescription renewal is due while you are between provider visits, reach out to your Care Coordinator, who will get the prescription ready for you.
Prairie accepts Medicare and some commercial insurances like Anthem Blue Cross and Cigna. Prairie does not accept any other health insurance at this time, including Medicaid. However, we can provide you with a ‘Superbill’ to submit to your insurer for out-of-network reimbursement.
You are solely responsible for payment. However, you may be able to use their insurance to cover their medication copay if you decide to opt out of medication delivery and use your own pharmacy.
Yes. We can accept HSA/FSA in one of the following ways:(1) If you have a HSA/FSA account with a connected card, you may use your card as payment when booking an appointment.
(2) If you need to submit a receipt for HSA/FSA reimbursements, we'll make the process easy by providing you with an itemized receipt upon request.
All visits with your Prairie provider are done via a HIPAA-compliant, secure online video visit. When you join a call with a Prairie provider on your desktop, you do not need to install any additional software. However, when you join on mobile, you will need to install a mobile app to meet your provider over video. Please refer to our FAQ page for a more detailed instruction.
Your first visit, a 50-minute intake, costs $295, which will be charged after the appointment occurs. Follow-up appointments cost $160 and are 20 minutes. Prairie now also accepts Medicare as a form of insurance.
If you get your medication delivered with Prairie, all medications will be provided at a flat price of $15 per monthly quantity of a single medication, regardless of your insurance plan. If you decide to pick up your medication at a local pharmacy, your medicaation co-pay will depend on your insurance plan and benefits. Without insurance, medication price can range between $40~$80 per month.
If you’re in emotional distress, text HOME to connect with a counselor immediately.
If you’re having a medical or mental health emergency, call 911 or go to your local ER.